I don't know if theirs anything legal we should do about…

Customer Question
Hi I don't know if...
Hi I don't know if theirs anything legal we should do about this. I took my daughter to get her ears pierced at Claire's in Kelowna October 29th. The piercing gun got stuck which I was understanding about. My little one was screaming since the girls who were piercing her ears had no idea how to get it out. My little one is 3 so it was quiet tromadic. If I could go back I wouldn't let her get them done. The girls who were doing the piercing had to hunt down the manager to help get the perusing gun to release. My problem is how they held my daughters head. She has a scar under her chin from the girl holding her head so tightly.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The first photo is from the girls nail 3 days after, and the second photo is from this am. I personally think if they are piercing ears they should be required to have shorter nails so this doesn't happen again.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you taken your little girl to the doctor about this?

No I didn't since it was just a mark. But I think the company should be responsible for their employees and have a procedure so this doesn't happen.

That's for sure. I am truly horrified what happened to you daughter. But, aside from complaining to them there is nothing you can do unless you want to sue and then you have to prove damages which you cannot prove given you don't have a medical report.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?