Can my employer lay me off after a heart attack. I was temp…

Customer Question
Can my employer lay...

Can my employer lay me off after a heart attack. I was temp contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Don't know what at will means and no union

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you being dismissed because you had a heart attack or for some other reason?

What province are you in please?

bc and my ROE says contract terminated just after I had a heart attack

I understand that they dismissed you right after you had a heart attack but is that why they dismissed you?

What reason was given on the ROE?

lack of work and as far as I know contract terminated

But do you believe that or do you think it was because of your heart attack?