Can td bank be sued in an American court over a Canadian…

Customer Question
Can td bank be...

Can td bank be sued in an American court over a Canadian credit card dispute?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Are you a real person?

Lawyer's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Unless you give a sliver of your skin for DNA analysis, how would I know you were human?

I do no know.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I apologize for the silly exchange you had with the greet bot. I am a lawyer in Canada and happy to help.

You cannot sue in the court in the US.

The law is that you must sue in the jurisdiction with the closest ties to the issue.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I appreciate your response. and yes, the robot was pretty good... close to human, funny even! td has banks across Canada and the US, and they claim to be able to cash Canadian checks at their united states locations, so.. for sure it HAS to be in Canada?
lemme know what you think. and if you know any place I can find Canadian equivalents of codes .. thank you for your time.- Art