I want to learn more about how home equity can factor in to…

Customer Question
Hi, i want to...

Hi, i want to learn more about how home equity can factor in to support payments in a divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

None, we have aediation appointnent coming up

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Alberta canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What i would like to try to do is have my equity in the home paid out as support in full or in part.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

The two issues are completely separate.

But if you can agree you can agree to exchange a lump sum payment coming out of the equity instead of monthly payments. A court will not order that but it can be agreed upon.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

She will be earning rental income from the property, currently her income is zero, but rental income will come to 10000 + per year. How will this factor in to support calculations?

Support will be based on both your incomes.

Have you seen this online calculator which you can use for free?

http://www.mysupportcalculator.ca/

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer