Im having issues with a small company that installed a fence…

Customer Question
Im having issues with...

Im having issues with a small company that installed a fence (dogrun) in my backyard. I signed a contract...

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Work was not completed as per contract but I didnt realize right away and paid them. i want to know what i can do i let them know and they said that I could be reimbursed for the mistake that they made

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

But they wont pay me belleville ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The fence also lasted 1 week before one side fell I need them to come fix it or my dogs will run away it has been over 1 month they are giving me the run around and nothing has been done i paid over 1000$

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I suggest that you send them a letter by Registered Mail.

In the letter set out the facts. Give them a deadline for either making all the repairs or removing the fence and providing you with a full refund.

Tell them if they fail to comply you will commence legal proceedings without further notice to them and then will be seeking damages, interest and your costs as well as the full refund.

If they fail to comply you can then sue them in Small Claims Court and can self-represent. If it gets that far and you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on this site again and I can assist you further.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?