Do I have to pay for this advice ?My husband has been sued…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to pay for this advice ?My husband has been sued since last December . He sold his Chartered accountant practise to another accountant but he had a three year buy out with PL and before the three years were done she decided to fire my husbands longtime secretary who was a major part of his practise so he decided to stop working for PL . She was warned that if the secretary and bookkeeper and my husband were not working for her she would loose a lot of business because we live in this small time and the word gets around .She went ahead and fired G. So G. Didn’t want to stop working although she is 75 she got a chance to go to work for another firm who opened up an office in the small town.They were planning on hiring my husband after the new year because he wanted to fulfill his commitment to PL .he didn’t sign any non completion clause .she still began a suing case again the new firm ,my husband ,his secretary and bookkeeper . She tried to stop the firm from opening in feb but she didn’t succeed . My husband did start to work for them and G and B went to work for them ,there has been no decovery hearings or court date set since the one that was cancelled on may 29 , we haven’t heard from any lawyer or summing for hearing ? My question is is there any way that we can spur the lawyers or judge to come up with a date, we have no confirmation about a hearing or anything .are they not obligated to set a date. We are just hung out to dry with lawyers fees and no decision ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

This is a sole practitioner ,my husband sold the business to PL in 2014 and then comntinued to work with her 2014-2016 . We have a lawyer but every time we contact him he sends us another bill new firm that G and B are working for have paid for their lawyers and the big shots want to settle with PL because she doesn’t have a case and they just want to wait it out they don’t want to settle too soon they want her to make the first move It’s a big game

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does he belong to a union?

He has always been a member of the Institue of chartered accountants since he got his CA in 1976

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The lawyer said Dennis could work for himself but he doesn’t want to start up an new practise he would just like to work part time and help his former clients

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/10/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Before I go ahead I noticed you asked if you have to pay.

This is not a free site.

Were you advised of the costs and if so are you wanting to go ahead?

I thought there was one free consultation before you pay for the

I don't believe that is the case.

I also believe you have already been charged so please speak to customer service.

I want to cancel this request for a legal advice from you , my husband does not want me to peruse this question with you people
I do not want to use this service at this time and I will not pay for your service thanks for refunding this account
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor