I jsut leased a car yester.. can i back out? Ottaw ontario…

Customer Question
I jsut leased a...

I jsut leased a car yester.. can i back out?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ottaw ontario 2006

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I did the paperwork but used the car to go to work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to cancel the lease

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
11/7/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Unfortunately, there is no cooling off period for the leasing of cars. In some cases a dealer will simply agree that you can terminate the lease but unfortunately, they do not have to do so.

Aside from their agreeing the only chance you have of having the lease terminated is if they materially mis-represented something to you.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.