I just discovered a preauthorized payment for Assurant

Customer Question
I just discovered a...

I just discovered a preauthorized payment for Assurant Services Canada Inc. I thought this was a bank withdrawal for some insurance policy for CIBC. It is not.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

With some research, I found out it is Specialty Life Ins.,, from North York.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted Specialty Life, and they claim that I have no Insurance policies with them. These deductions have been coming out for a long time. I don' know how they got my name or accounts number. I have the bank checking to see how far they go back, without an answer so far. I haven't tried to find out from Specialty life, because I'm hoping Specialty life will not lie.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would just like to know the best way to handle this.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Canada Law
10/20/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you paying insurance for some appliance? Or could this be for your furnace or air conditioner?

Could the be for some warranty?

I am in Ontario, Canada
I will contact them again and find out. I am renting an apartment.

Get back to me when you do. We don't really know enough of the facts to figure out what this is and what to do about it.

Hello Debra: I found out that this was for the mortgage insurance on the house that I sold a Year ago July. The bank I deal with has arranged to cancel it and return payments from that date.
Another problem I have is I noticed that I have payments of $62.00 a month is coming off my credit card.
Also, on April 6th of this year, I had "deposit" $5.00 800-240-1`371 CA, "Remote It for $51.70, and "Tech Help" for 43.00.
I don't remember any reason for me to acquire any info from you.
I CAN'T AFFORD THESE EXPENSES. I AM RETIRED! Please realize, I don't remember signing up for your services.
Please straighten things out with these charges.
Thanking you in advance, Allan Cronkwright

I cannot straighten anything out myself. I don't work for the site. Please contact customer service.