I am wondering what comprises "legal advice" when practising

Customer Question
I am wondering what comprises...
I am wondering what comprises "legal advice" when practising real estate
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Canada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should do it
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

That's an unusual question. Clearly there's something going on, can you tell me about it? Don't use details that can identify you.

Thx
How do I go online. I need answers pleaae
How do I teach this person??? Waiting 2 hours is trying my patience

I don't do phone calls I'm afraid. This is a US based site and not a law firm. So I consider it contrary to my professional rules to communicate over the telephone where there's no record of our communication.

I'm happy to discuss with you, if you'll type out here what's going on.

Sorry. I was not aware you don't do phone calls. The way it came through was that you did. Sorry!!
Also, I have the answer to my question, so I don't need to go any further. I had waited several hours last night and got no response from your system quite late so I called someone here. Thx for your time. I also feel this is better done on the phone but I do respect your rules.

No need to apologize. The site pushed phone calls as an additional service. In most categories it's not a problem for the site's customer to talk to an expert if they wish, but law is different. Especially Canada Law when the site is based in the US and isn't a law firm. No worries.

I'm glad you got the information you needed, even if it wasn't from me here.

I don't know if you're a member or not, but you should check your account with the site to make sure you know what you've paid. You can ask the site for your money back if you wish, or I can ask the site to do that for you if you prefer.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor