I would like to inquire about my sister's status. She is on…

Hi, I would like to...
Hi, I would like to inquire about my sister's status. She is on visitor visa for 3 yrs now in Canada. He visa will expire next year January. She will study in Canada for 1 year but I do not know if I should send her application within Canada or to VAC los angeles since the conditions to apply within canada, she does not meet
conditions to apply within canada
-someone who holds a temporary resident permit (TRP) valid for at least six months, or their family member
-a student who has completed a short-term course or study program, which is a condition for being accepted at a designated learning institution
I believe she falls under this condition
You must apply for a study permit.If you are in Canada and don’t belong to one of the groups above: you must apply in person or by mail at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Los Angeles.Can you please help me clarify this? Thank you
10/15/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Oh dear.

Is this a duplicate? I believe I may have just answered you on the other post.

Let me know.

this is a duplicate. Sorry about that. You have answered my question but I still have a follow up question.Thank you.
Hi Debra,
I closed the other conversation since its a duplicate. Anyways, I have a follow up questions. So with the note from the CIC site that even if you are in Canada as visitor, you can still apply a study permit via mail or person in VAC Los Angeles. Does it mean, I don't need to leave and re-enter Canada? Or should I leave and apply from my country of origin?
Is there another option?Thank you for your help

This was actually the duplicate. Unfortunately closing the original has harmed my stats as you processed a refund after an answer. That question paid a higher amount so all in all this is very unfortunate to me. This is the one that should have been closed given I had not provided an answer.

You can try and apply from within Canada so long as the entire process is complete before you go out of status. If you need to extend your visit you should do that as well.

Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry, I think I was confused with how the system work. Do you mean apply within Canada and still mail it to Los Angeles?
Below are the conditions to applyApplying for a study permit within CanadaIf you are:a minor child in primary or secondary school
an exchange or visiting student
a student who has completed a short-term course or study program, which is a condition for being accepted at a designated learning institution
someone who holds a temporary resident permit (TRP) valid for at least six months, or their family member
a spouse or common-law partner (and their family members) being sponsored to immigrate, who are:
in Canada and
have applied for permanent residence, if eligible
a person with a study permit from a visa office abroad, and the permit was issued before you got to Canada, who wants to keep studying
the family member of:
athletes on a Canadian-based team
media representatives
members of the clergy or
military personnel assigned to Canada
a family member or private staff member of a foreign representative who is properly accredited (90 days before or after you are no longer authorized to study without a study permit), or
a foreign national or their family member with a valid study or work permit, who wants to stay in Canada longer to study.
You need to apply to extend your stay in Canada as a student.Remember that you can’t stay in Canada after your passport expires. If you renewed your passport since you entered Canada, you have to submit photocopies of both your new passport and the stamp placed in your old passport when you apply.Apply for a study permit outside CanadaYou must apply for a study permit.If you are in Canada and don’t belong to one of the groups above: you must apply in person or by mail at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Los Angeles.
If you are outside Canada: apply online or use a paper application in a country where you are lawfully admitted.

I know what it says.

The system changes constantly and if you review other pages you will see there is reference to having to leave unless you are a member of one of the classes.

No problem. Thank you. So should i try applying to Los Angeles? Or just inside Canada even if i dont meet the criteria? What other pages are you referring to so i can check. Thank you.

I would say just apply through LA and see what happens.

I am not able to find the pages at this point.

ok, thank you for all your help.
Can you advise me with this one if I understood it correctly.
Does this mean that you enroll a program within Canada as a condition to being accepted to designated school?
But the only condition to be accepted to this designated school is higschool diploma and I have that. So does it matter if the program was completed in Philippines or in Canada?

No you don't need to fall within the category.

All you need is an offer of enrollment from the designated school.

ok, that condition fall under applying within Canada. So I will still send the application to Los Angeles and not here in Canada, correct?

Yes.

Debra, Lawyer