What’s the dollar amount that you have to show immigration…

Hi,What’s the dollar amount that...
Hi,What’s the dollar amount that you have to show immigration officers when applying for study visa with accompanying husband and child for 3 years?
10/15/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The minimum finds on top of tuition is $17,000.

It's $10,000 for the student. $4000 for the second person. $3000 for each other person.

This has to be in cash when coming to Canada or just on a back statement from your home country? Or even a bank letter.?

This is what CIC provides:

You can prove your funds with:

• proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you have transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student/education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.
Any ONE of those is sufficient ?

No because you have to prove the $14K and the tuition.

So proving the tuition will be one aspect. You can provide proof of payment or of bursary/scholarship or loan.

Then you have to provide proof that you have $14K for the year. So that full amount is in Canada that is the best. If not then the bank statements proving where that money is will work. That would be the past 4 months. The more proof the better.

The tuition and the 14k don’t have to be transferred to a bank account in Canada for verification, right ? Everything needs to be proven from my home country ?

If you can prove all the money is there and do so by providing four months of statements from your home country it can work.

But they will want to see that the money has been there for the four months because they don't want to risk the chance that you borrowed the money just to show you have the money and are then paying it back.

Ok
taking a student loan from
My home country to pay tuition, is that sufficient ties as proof that we will return to my home country ?

Yes it is.

You just have to prove the country is paying and then show you have the $14K.

Debra, Lawyer
To be accepted by a school in Canada, is it mandatory to do the IELTS Test ?And what about my husband, since he will be on my study visa, does he have to do the IELTS test as well?
School ( college)

Please start a new post for these new questions.

Thanks

I just did