I have been working for the same company for 12 years,as a…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have been working for the same company for 12 years,as a cashier. I have had the same availability for at least 8 of these years. Now my manager says I have to scan items faster or I will no longer be a cashier. Another co manager and assistant manager had a meeting with me last week and told me I had to change my availability. First I had 12 weeks to make a decision, then it was 8 weeks. I asked about changing positions from being a cashier to working on the floor. I was told that wasn't possible as they were having the same conversation with everyone. They gave me a letter which has my named spelled wrong ,,the co manager and assistant manager's names are ***** ***** on the letter. The store manager's name is ***** ***** with a space for him to sign it. Which he did not do.In the letter it says I have 8 weeks to make a decision,but the date is less than 4 weeks from the day we had the meeting.It also says that I could be scheduled less hours,move to to a different position, and be moved to part time status and lose my benefits.I also have a medical note for modified duties and it is not being honored, Can they do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Edmonton Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not sure. I feel I am being bullied, harrased and intimidated

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
10/6/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.