I am working at Domino’s pizza. I want to leave because of…

Customer Question
Hi! I am working...

Hi! I am working at Domino’s pizza. I want to leave because of some family emergency so for my new job i need my experience letter from recent employer.So is it my right to get my experience letter and all the paystubs or is it upto my employer if he gives me or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

Are you asking for a phone call? If so please click the call button.

By experience letter do you mean that you need a job description or do you just need the time that you worked there?

I need job description and timing everything

You cannot compel your employer to provide you with a letter unfortunately.

You can prove the timing with your record of employment and you can provide your income proof with your T4 slip.

But you can also call head office explain what you need and why and say the manager is refusing to provide it and you need their help.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?