If I am on disability and the company closes in Canada but…

Customer Question
If I am on...

If I am on disability and the company closes in Canada but is still operating in the USA and they advise me that they will no longer be paying my health benefits where does this leave me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been on disability since 2005

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying you have not been employable since 2005 and they never dismissed you?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!