My landlord violated the lease, not only the condo is not in…

Customer Question
Hi, my landlord violated...

Hi, my landlord violated the lease, not only the condo is not in a habitable condition, he rented one the two rooms in the lease without my knowledge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Qc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He claims that he has a phone call record stating that I agreed to having another person living together, but I have no recollection of such

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Why is it not fit for habitation? What have you asked him to do about it? Did you ask in writing? Did he agree to make the repairs? Has he made them?

What does the lease say that you are renting?

Has he played the recording for you to hear?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!