Last Wednesday I bought a used car from a dealer, I still…

Customer Question
Last Wednesday I bought...

Last Wednesday I bought a used car from a dealer, I still have the temporary paper plate. Driving the car tonight I realized that has a hidden serious problem with the engine the dealer never told me. I want to return the car. Can I do that without going to court?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Is a 2007 PTcruiser. The oil light is on and it is cover with a black tape so you can not see it. It seems it was done on purpose.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, I plan to call the dealer tomorrow and ask for a full refund and return the car

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have the right to do that?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/30/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL,
 replied 10 months ago

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Lawyer: RobertJDFL,
 replied 10 months ago

I just realized that this ended up in the U.S. legal category, but your country is coming up as Canada? Are you in Canada? If so, I'll have to ask a moderator to move the question to the correct category.