My mother was involved in a car accident, where the

Customer Question
My mother was involved...

My mother was involved in a car accident, where the plaintiff sent a claim to the defendant(my mother). She wrote a defendants claim but is not sure how she will also add her husband in the claim, because the husband was also accused but he currently lives out of the country and both of my parents are separated. She has signed the defendant claim but does not understand how she can also add her husband

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I would just like to know how she can also include my father in the defendant claim
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was your mother not covered by insurance when she was in the accident?

no
i just wanted to know if my mother can cover for my father...they are both seperated
hello?
hello are you still there?
I am sorry for the delay. I don't know what happened because your question is simply not on my open list which tends to mean that you never replied. I'm not able to understand why that happened as I don't work for the site but I am terribly sorry.No, your mother cannot put in the statement of defence for your father. Your father is being sued and he must put in his own statement of defence. He can agree to use the same statement of defence as your mother but he's going to have to do a statement of defence and sign it or your mother and can submit one together jointly and they both sign it or one or the other can hire a lawyer or lawyers.Please feel free to provide me with any follow-up questions that you may have. If you do not have any follow-up questions I hope that you feel I have earned a five star rating. However, if you do not feel that I have earned this rating please do not hesitate to let me know how I can better assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will still be here for you and you can ask me further follow-up questions at no further charge.Does that fully answer your question?