My ex left her car at my place, I've told her many times…

Customer Question
My ex left her...

My ex left her car at my place, I've told her many times (over 3months) to pick it up and she hasn't, can I take over ownership of the vehicle?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

In in Alberta, Canada, not the US

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is the car in her name alone?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!