I have lived in this building for 20 years.A new tenant

Customer Question
I have lived in...

I have lived in this building for 20 years.A new tenant moved in about 3 years ago. from day one she started harassing my wife and i.i have been to the OPP .the first time they said I do not have to live this way. the second time it was more or less that i have to live with it. my land lord is not helping at all.the police made the situation worse.I am disabled and my wife had just passed from cancer.the stress was to much for her. we have gotten 2 eviction notices because of her.I just don't know what to do. can you help me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I am in Ontario Canada and it started about 3 years ago and is still happening to this day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I do not know only when I went to the OPP in late feb.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have phone video with her calling me a A-hole and pictures of the problem of the situation that started the eviction notices. and i have kept a complete record of all the harassment from the start.I have complained to the land lord a number of times with no resolve.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this and for your loss.

What you can do is bring the landlord before the Landlord Tenant Board to get an order that he protect your right to peaceful enjoyment of your home and evict this other tenant.

And you can also ask the board to make an order for a rent abatement going back three years from the time you started complaining about this tenant to the landlord.

I suggest you contact the Board as your best next step. Here is a link to the information you will need for contacting them.

http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/ltb/contact/

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?