Had injuries from car accident. Voluntarily stopped driving…

Customer Question
Had injuries from car...

Had injuries from car accident. Voluntarily stopped driving car until I felt stronger. Went to MTO drivers office in London. Was under impression they would just check strength of right foot for purpose of car pedals---- if not strong, they were going to show me how hand controls work---and then I would decide if I wanted training with hand controls.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. But instead of the simple assessment I anticipated, they gave me a number of written tests--- and then insisted I take a full hour of driving on road. I had not driven in over 4 years and was not prepared. Failed this sudden driving test, and then letter they sent to my doctor resulted in my license being medically suspended

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I pleade with the driving instructor and the occupational therapist to NOT take me out into traffic in a major city. I was reluctantly willing to drive in the hospital parking lot but NOT in traffic! It was ALWAYS my intention to retake driver's ed instruction before I tried driving on roads. I ONLY wanted to know about pedals vs. Hand controls. Now, I have no licence to even take lessons! These 2 people insist that I take lessons from them----after this horrifying experience I will NOT go to them----felt betrayed and targeted. Question: How do I now get a licence that will allow me to take lessons? I am most furious about the fact that I VOLUNTARILY stayed away from driving, being a RESPONSIBLE driver. Now I have no way of getting the instruction I need Asking if I can get a license that will be good just for rehab lessons, until I am ready to drive with a regular licence

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you have a doctor that believes you are now able to drive?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!