We rented our land for 4 years to a person,at the end of the…

Customer Question
We rented our land...

We rented our land for 4 years to a person,at the end of the term,he worked the land and sent us a bill for 3500$, which We thought was pretty high for 150 acres,I researched custom work and discovered that it was about 800 $ too high,so I told him that,now he has come down to my price,but my husband feels that we do not owe him anything,as we never asked him to work it,I want to just pay and be done with him,what is the right thing to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Saskatchewan,Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

If he was a tenant and there was no agreement at all the he work the land then your spouse is correct. He is not entitled to work he did voluntarily. Had you wanted him or someone else to do this you have hired them, decided on a price etc.

So you are not obligated to pay him anything.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?