This is family law. My ex moved to Newfoundland and took my…

Customer Question
Ok so this is...

Ok so this is family law. My ex moved to Newfoundland and took my kids they were born in Alberta just wondering if there is anything I can do to get them back to Alberta ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Not sure if I got a leg to stand on or not

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No she moved to be close to her family and we were fighting at the time and I didint want to take her to corut or anythin I thought we could work it out but now I don't think that's possible

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has been there for the past year and I have been going back and forth, I'm just looking for info

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

How many kids and how old?

When did she take the kids to Nfld?

Is there any kind of court order or written agreement at the moment? Was there one when she left Alberta?

I'm here if you want to discuss this with me, Doug.