I have a question about custody. Whoops, ... I'm in Canada.

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I...

Hi Pearl. I have a question about custody.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Whoops, this is USA... I'm in Canada. Hmmm (thanks google) :0 I'll try and find a canadian equivelant

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes one. But they said finding one in your resident province is the first thing to do I'm just looking for answers while I wait for some calls back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is regarding the technicalities of abduction

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am a family lawyer in Canada.Would you like to continue with me? If you do please provide me with the basic facts and then your specific question.Thank you
My wife and I and our children reside in North Vancouver, BC. My wife and children left on a vacation to visit family and attended a wedding in Alberta. I left soon after on a work trip to China. We agreed they would return to start the school year.
When I returned from my trip, I found my wife had enrolled our children in a school in Alberta, lied about where she was staying, and refused to talk to me. She also limiting my access to the children and even called the police when I initially came to pick everyone up to go home. We have no history of any violence or abuse.
I've spoken to a couple Alberta lawyers, but my specific question is this.
Am I legally allowed to take our children back to their province of residence without undue legal recourse?
They start their new school in a few days and I don't want to allow an establishment of 'normal pattern' for them to be in Alberta.
Why have you with one of these lawyers not brought an application to the court?
This just happened 2 days ago and I have no intentions of separating, or seeking legal action.
But is your spouse not saying you are separated?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!