Is it possible for me to cancel a lease on my property

Customer Question
Is it possible for...

Is it possible for me to cancel a lease on my property because I have no other place to reside??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ok

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/25/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Ontario

The site has tried to call you but your payment for the call failed.

Please try another credit card or call your credit card company to authorize the call.

Or let me know if you want to go ahead online instead.

Continue on line
Forget phone reply

The law is that you cannot terminate a fixed term lease before the end of the term unless the tenant has breached the terms of the lease or the tenant agrees.

So you can certainly try and negotiate something with the tenant but otherwise, no matter how much difficulty this causes you there is no possibility of a court allowing you to evict this tenant.

I am sorry about that.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating even though I could not give you the answer you were hoping for but instead had to provide bad new but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.