I gave my landlord one months notice because of bees it my…

Customer Question
I gave my landlord...

I gave my landlord one months notice because of bees it my bedroom. He said I fixed the problem last month but the holes are still in the cement and I had more bees last week.I haven't slept in my bedroom for 5 months. He wants 2 months notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I am in Ontario Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Well the bees and the 2 upstairs apartment have no fire alarms and the wiring is messed up.I have one light switch that doesn't turn off. And one that turns on only if you play with it.they changed the light switch but is still does it. I asked for when the wiring was updated last for my insurance and he never answered me. The house is about 115 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/24/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you on a fixed term lease?