A motovational speaker started his presentation with the…

Customer Question
Hello, a motovational speaker...

Hello, a motovational speaker started his presentation with the statement "Your all racist!" and "your all racist and I can prove it!" When I challenged him, he said "Your a racist, your a racist and i can prove it!" He says that asking someone "Where are you from?" is micro aggression and this reminds him that he is not from Vancouver. I felt attacked. I have excellent character. Can I demand a written apology and sue him if he doesn't? I did not ask him where he was from. This was a volunteer orientation, manditory. We were a small group.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Vancouver, canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Volunteer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying you believe that he told others a lie about you and this harmed your reputation?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!