I engaged a group out of the Netherlands 14 months ago to…

I engaged a group...

I engaged a group out of the Netherlands 14 months ago to arrange project financing for me. The group had very high contacts in the Canadian and Swiss banking as references. The used bank intrumensts for funding. They prvoided these to me during the time. I have since ran the instruments and they are fraudulent. I have confronted the group and they have stated they will return my 1.5m

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Its been 6 weeks with nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in BC Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The contract is based on U.K. And Swiss law

9/21/2017
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Thank you for the question. It's unusual but happens of course.

Have you taken any steps so far?

No steps thus far

Should I assume that they haven't returned your money?

You have evidence of the relationship and transfer of money, and that you entered into this relationship in good faith of doing business?

Does your evidence indicate that UK and Swiss laws apply? Is that were the business was to be conducted and where these contracts were executed?

1. Funds still yet to be returned
2.yes I have contracts emails proof of transfer and emails from Scotia bank trading desk showing the intruments are fake.
3. Yes indicates Swiss and U.K. Law apply. I live in Canada the contracts we signed in holland where they liveI am doing the business in Canada ( hotel development(

It's pretty clear that this is something you need to pursue with RCMP and Interpol.

Absolutely contact them right away, and if you want to really get help covering your interests you should retain a law firm which has a presence over there and can investigate on your behalf as well. That won't be cheap but it's that or you rely upon the authorities to get your money back for you, which is far from guaranteed.

I can't recommend a firm for something like this. Start googling international firms that have an office near you (hopefully), and send emails to them to ask if this is something they could help you with, do they have experience in such matters, what would they do for you and what would it cost.

Is that a good place to start?

Ok thanks
Ok thanks
There would be charges and jail time for 'this kind of thing correct ?

It certainly appears to be a well organized international scam. The bank instruments were "fraudulent", one must assume that these people enter into bogus international business contracts, take money from investors/partners in exchange for letters of credit or other such instruments meant to give the "victim" the impression that he's now a partner or representative of the group, then nothing.

I won't ask about how these people found you or why you gave them so much money, none of that matters right now. The important thing is to try to locate them and get your money back.

Hopefully you'll get your own lawyer on this matter soon, and start by doing internet searches on the people and business names that you thought you were dealing with.

Anything else to discuss? If I've answered you I'd appreciate a positive service rating please. Ratings are how I get paid by the site for helping its customers.

There references are top bank officials in Canada. I have brought this to there attention and they want nothing to do with it. If it goes down it's going to be a very large claim with many parties. I just want my $ backThanks for the ear and the advise

A basic online investigation doesn't take much. It's unusual that you actually met them in person in Europe, this takes the scam to a whole new level, and you will need the authorities there to take this seriously and investigate. But if you want me to look around for you, you could give me here some names or information, or if you have some short documents then attach a scan or clear photo to your reply.

Of course the bank officials you contacted want nothing to do with it, because they obviously had nothing to do with it in the first place. They aren't going to get your money back just because someone in Europe said that there were ties in place.

You absolutely should get a lawyer to handle this for you in this end, to communicate with the authorities on your behalf, and to make sure that you are being taken seriously.

So send me some more information if you want me to look around the web a bit for you, and please don't forget to rate. The thread will still stay open.

The bank officials were referrences for the said parties. I have met all of them face to face.If you could provide me with a large pit bull firm that you think could handle this matter for me ?
As a proven reference the Canadian bankers could be liable also correct ?
Also a escrow agent from Monaco held and released the funds. He is licensed in the U.K.. if he released the funds to fake bank docs his insurance would be liable for this correct ?

You're asking me things I'd like to tell you but I can't. This is why you need your own firm, one with experience in international law and fraud investigation.

As I wrote earlier, I can't give those referrals because I don't have personal experience in it. Look up the names of some of the larger firms in your area, contact them and see what they say or if they can refer you to another firm. Don't simply go with the first firm that is willing to take your money either, do some research and homework.

If you have an accountant or financial advisor, perhaps they would know a firm to start with. They often will.

Anything else?

Ok thanks ***** guess not

If you want me to poke around on the web about specific people or companies, then let me know.

Otherwise I don't think that there's much more I can do for you. May I please have that positive service rating now?

Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer
I think I have all companies info and people I needYes I will

Thank you very much, and good luck to you.

This is an interesting matter, legally. I'd like it if you came back to update me.

Ulysses