I have another weird question regarding my Sister, ever

Hi; Debra I have another...
Hi; Debra I have another weird question regarding my Sister, ever since she turned everything in her name , she's pressuring us to put insurance on the house, why would that be. She never did that before seems odd to me, what do you think please, much appreciated .. Victor
9/20/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I have no idea to be frank.

Is it that she wants you to pay for it?

What does she say?

I think she thinks she is getting the house but wants to make sure it's OK so you and your mom should pay for the insurance so it will insure what she thinks is her inheritance.

she's calling for us to put insurance on the place, and yet I can't access Moms account I can only pay bills, and my Mom can hardly walk anymore. Also I just called the law firm and they said that the lawyer that my sister hired is also my Moms lawyer, yet she's not the on that called him. ??

She needs a new lawyer. It has to be one totally separate from this firm and your sister.

Your sister is moving fast and is very aggressive. Your mom needs her own lawyer now.

Thank You very much that's what I was thinking too, what should I do about the insurance Mom doesn't want to go back to the bank, and I can no longer go for her . Do you have any suggestions for me has to what to say to this new lawyer ? Also my sister's lawyer is coming to see Mom tomorrow , and I probably won't be able to enter the house, what should Mom do she will be alone with him since my sister is gone back home, but I'm next to Mom at my 25 years home based business . So basically that's want would happen if I let my sister win, I would lose everything .
Forgot to add, what I do here is a home-based business operating from mid May to end of Oct , every year the past 25 or more years, with my wife Suzanne , Moms house is just next door about 100ft from where I do business my Dad also did this for a living until he passed away in 1977, I took over at the tender age of 14 but at the time I only did it has a pass time after school, which when I met Suzanne at the age of 23 we started working full time 13 hours a day 7 days a week , mid May to end of October. Not sure if that a game changer in any way . Thanks again Deb !

This is what must happen and please share this with your mother.

Your mother and not you must call the lawyer and cancel the meeting. She can say she needs to postpone for a week.

Then your mother and not you, must call another lawyer and say she needs a lawyer to act at once as one of her daughter's pressured her to sign forms and she wants to revoke them and the matter is urgent. Your mother should make it clear that while she if physically unwell she is mentally competent. She should ask if the lawyer can come to her house.

This cannot look like it is coming from you.

Ok, then ... Mom wants to know when she calls this new lawyer she wants to know if I can be in the house with her. She's uncomfortable alone. Even when my sister came with her lawyer, I heard Mom say twice where's Vic and no one was answering and then the lawyer said you don't seem OK with that, whatever they were doing !

Yes of course but you just don't want to appear to be acting like your sister. So she and not you should be the one who contacts the lawyer.

Awesome, hope all goes well cause Mom in very much frustrated with this all, especially since we went to the bank yesterday she had no idea that I could not withdraw money for her anymore like I did for the past 3years or so, she trusted me to do everything for her, and it was my total pleasure I would anything and everything for my Mom. thanks Deb your a life saver :)
ok come to think of it I will send you a few documents that my sister finally agreed to send me , maybe you can tell me more what this all means.
I think that most of this is about medical stuff, I'm sorry it's in French hope you can still help me.

I cannot read the documents. I don't know French very well at all and I don't have any idea what they are saying.

I am sorry about that.

But also, a lawyer on this site cannot read documents. We just provide legal information.

Your mother must show her own lawyer all of these documents.

Ok, just translated the one except the medical one's ( Procuaration Relative aux biens) Une procuration perpétuelle relative aux biens permet à la personne que vous avez désignée (le « mandataire ») de s'occuper
[...]
docs.otpp.com
A Continuing power of attorney for property allows the person you have named (referred to as the attorney) to handle your
[...]
[...] financial affairs, including pension-related issues. (Procuration Relative aux Biens) so yeah I'm not in good shape my name isn't there at all.

This is no surprise. If your name was there the bank would not have locked you out.

But this is all crazy because just as I predicted last time if this is for when your mother is not competent it doesn't apply now and if it does it's not valid as she could not sign this if she is not competent.

OMG, I hear you ! Thanks again and will let you know what comes of it, and will contact you again if need be (y)

I will be here of course.

For now please rate me!

Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer