Can you sue the company you work for? Montreal, quebec, I…

Customer Question
Can you sue the...

Can you sue the company you work for?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montreal, quebec

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I don't understand what you mean employment agreement. I am a full time employee and we have a union. I was injured and am now collecting csst

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The doctor said my right arm will not be 100% therefore I will have limitations. The carpets were shampooed where I work and the corridor was waxed. I'm the first person in and unlocked the photocopier room then walked into the hallway slipped and fell on my right shoulder, I have a fracture and the shoulder was out of the socket quite a bit

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

I think I understand what you're asking, but I suspect that I'm not going to give you good news.

You belong to a labour union? And you were injured at work?

I work for a university, we have different unions for, teachers, support staff etc. not sure if this is a labour union. The president of my union said to inform myself with a lawyer about suing them. The thing is I'm sure the university didn't shampoo the carpets and wax the floors, they would have hired an outside company. There were no signs about being slippery. Do I have any rights?
No I can't afford another $79

I'm not asking you to sign up for anything or to request a phone call, that's the site. I'm not a site employee.

Are you clear on what you've been charged to bring you here?