CAN GOVMT. PENSIONS BE GARNISHED? qUEBEC, nO, i am thinking…

Customer Question
CAN GOVMT. PENSIONS BE...

CAN GOVMT. PENSIONS BE GARNISHED?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

QUEBEC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am thinking of reneging on my credit cards

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

Which government pensions are we talking about? There are several, of course. If we're talking Federal, is it Old Age Security and / or Canada Pension Plan?

Or are we talking about anything provincial, or a different federal? Like provincial disability, or worker's compensation, or general welfare assistance?

Lastly, reneging on credit cards is rarely a good idea. Without using details that can identify you, can you tell me more about your situation of indebtedness?