This is for Quebec work law standards, or whatever you wanna…

Customer Question
This is for Quebec work...
This is for Quebec work law standards, or whatever you wanna call it.
With it being hot again, and working a very physical job, are the bosses aloud to permanently turn off all air conditioners?
I'm a house keeper at a 4 star resort cleaning houses -not rooms, full houses- the houses during the day rise up to 27 degrees Celsius and we have to work in it. The boss has unplugged all ac from each house and plugs then back in when they're rented.
It can't be legal to work a physical job in a none air conditioning house... Is it?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

There is no specific law that says the workplace must be air conditioned. At the same time your employer owes you a duty of care and also must ensure the workplace is safe for you.

In Quebec you can get some help for free as a worker.

I suggest you fill out the online form here and get some help workers help:

http://www.workershelp.ca/healthsafety.asp

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.