FURNACE SCAMS, OTTAWA ON AREA, THE FIRM IS APEX HOME

Customer Question
FURNACE SCAMS, OTTAWA ON...

FURNACE SCAMS, OTTAWA ON AREA

Lawyer's Assistant: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

THE FIRM IS APEX HOME SERVICES AND THEY SELL PROPANE FURNACES

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

Actually they lease furnace only on a 10 year monthly payment basis and dont seem to have a formal contract available, issuing only a work order which is signed by the client.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am not sure of the facts just yet.

Please let me know the basic facts and also when exactly the work order was signed.

The furnace was installed Sept. in 2016 and work order only shows Friday as a date and a pre-authorized debit box is checked for 1st day monthly thereafter of $99.99. The one sheet rental agreement/work order also refers to a page 3, which supposedly outlines consumer rights, but no such page was left with me.

So you are saying that you've had the furnace for a year now?

And you are saying that there was no real contract but you signed a work order?

And if so what is your concern and question?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Please disregard this question and problem, I have engaged my own local lawyer and he is attempting to resolve the matter,
THANKS