Afer teh eta kicked in last year, my daughter who has dual…

Good morning! Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning!

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Afer teh eta kicked in last year, my daughter who has dual citizenship is no longer permitted to enter canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

She only has a Japanese passport. she is a canadian as well was educated here and now lives in japan, but will be returning next year

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, this is why i am reaching out

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We visited BC last year and was waived and was permitted, i do not think they will allow her to enter again without getting this sorted.Perferably she would like to keep both citizenships. Even to make it complicated her fiance is British

9/19/2017
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I don't know what you mean. Was she told even though she had Canadian citizenship she needs an eta?

Debra, Lawyer
She was told that she can not enter Canada without a Canadian passport. We have never applied for her Canadian passport. Since as a child she has entered Canada on her Japanese passport (was born there) without any problems. Now that Canada has introduced eTA, no longer are Canadians permitted to enter Canada with a passport from another country. She would like to keep her Japanese citizenship, but would like to have the freedom to live in Canada. (Japan does not allow dual citizenship) where her delima begins. What are her opitons? If she were to choose Japanese citizenship, will she still be able to live in Canada? (She has bank accounts and social securit number)
Phone call session started