My wife currently has a 5yr multiple Entry Visitors Visa for…

Customer Question
My wife currently has...

My wife currently has a 5yr multiple Entry Visitors Visa for Canada. We have been married for 11+ years. We wish to apply for a PR for my wife. She is residing in the Philippines. During the 6-12 month approval process would my wife be allowed to visit me in Canada for a period of 1-2 months without her application for PR being cancelled or penalized?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am a (Natural Born) Canadian Citizen. I have NO pending applications

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing else that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Is there any reason why you would not sponsor her when she was visiting you in Canada?