My wife left 2years ago. I have three kids living with me.

Customer Question
My wife left 2years...

My wife left 2years ago. I have three kids living with me. 19 17 16. She has not paid any child support. She has not helped at all with our mortgage. My house is worth 225 000. I owe 200 000. We have two vehichles paid off equal in value. We have 40k in rrsps in her name, bought after we were married. We make equal income of 55k each. We have no other assets. how much is this going to cost me?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Family Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Can i do this online

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am a family lawyer in Ontario.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What is your specific question please?

What do I have to do to start a legal process? How long will this take aproximately? Do i fill out a form and you create a letter?

Are you asking about what to do to start a divorce application?

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you.

Is that what you were hoping?