I was in a common law relationship for 17 years or more and…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a common law relationship for 17 years or more and now I am not with the same person. What am I entitled to in the way of monetary benifits

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am paying rent in a basement suite on a farm with just my WCB and CPP pension from work.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anythig at this time

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When did you separate?

What province are you in?

Did your spouse support you when you were together?

Did you acquire assets when together?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Thank you but I won't need your help any longer. Thanks again

OK