Can my sister give me 8.5 acres in the zone in the province…

Customer Question
Hi can my sister...

Hi can my sister give me 8.5 acres in the green zone in the province of Quebec without paying any taxes

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

In the Gaspe peninsula in new Richmond west was part of the familly farm going back many generations my sister is now 85 years would like to keep land in familly

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No I presently live out of province but plan to become resident of quebec

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My sister born in Canada married an American now has Us citizenship and has ownes the property given to her by my father in his will in 1990

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/17/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Did the property increase in value since it was transferred into her name?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!