We got new owners of are building now they wanna renovate…

Customer Question
We got new owners...

We got new owners of are building now they wanna renovate the whole building and want everyone to move.. i havent done anything wrong i pay my rent on time every time and i dont want to move what are my rights?//

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Oshawa,ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No we had no lease with the old owner/or new but some of the units are unsuitible

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/16/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have they given you a written notice and if so what form is it and what does it say?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!