How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking at a possible separation from my husband. I

Customer Question

i am looking at a possible separation from my husband. I have also co-signed on his business line of credit and work for him as well. besides our home, what else am I entitled to? how do I support myself in the midst of the separation? should I move out with my children? what are my rights? I live in Ontario canada
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

A separation can be complicated. It's beyond the purview of the experts here to give you a complete overview of everything you can and ought to do in a single question thread. This isn't a replacement for having retained counsel of your own but it can give you the information and options you need to make better decisions more quickly, with or without a lawyer, and save you time, money, and grief.

Is there one aspect of this we could focus on? Some emergency or something that's eating at you? If so then ask it here.

If you want to discuss a variety of topics then perhaps a subscription would be the best value for you (if you don't already have one).

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Was there something more focussed that you wanted to discuss with me?

If you've gotten help elsewhere, that's fine. If you don't want to use the site then please don't forget about your deposit (if you made one).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my situation has changed. my husband is trying to get his parents to move in with us due to his fathers delicate health condition. we are currently in the process of renewing our mortgage to accommodate our 1st and 2nd mortgage together. if I renew for a 5 year term and decide to later separate from my husband, can I force him to sell the house?
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 month ago.

Are you two still separating?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 22 days ago.

I was thinking about your matter, how it seems to be changing all the time. Anything new? Have you resolved these family issues?