I am a victim of online fraud from a man in London England.

Customer Question
I am a victim...

I am a victim of online fraud from a man in London England. I am from Canada. I would like to Sue him

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It has been reported here in Brockville , On

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not the only one that he fraudEd. He is using someone else's identity. Also where he did a job the supervisor attacked him last Sept and he pushed her away. She died in hospital from her injuries and leaves 4 kids behind. He was going to come to Canada with his son. There was an explosion on a machine and he needed help fixing it. Myself and other people helped him last year. In September he went to jail to wait for a lawyer. He was not charg e for her death. I sent over $100,000 Canadian money.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying that this is the lie he told?

Do you know who he actually is? Do you know where he lives?

Two weeks ago I called a girl in the USA and she was sending money to help him fix a machine. He is using the name ***** *****. His first name is ***** ***** not his last name. Also there is a supervisor from the plant that died from falling. She grabbed him by the shirt and he pushed her and she died in the hospital. Her name is*****
zDebra I have sent him all of my savings plus $20,00 line of credit and emptied my bank account to help him. I need a lawyer to get my money back.
I cannot afford to call you. I can not even afford to heat my home. This man has to be stopped. There are two more women that were sending him money.
WI talked to a lawyer here in Ontario and he told me I need to get one in London where the man is.

This is a very sad situation. But it's not sad for him. None of this is true. I doubt his real name is ***** ***** if he is operating the way others are then he is not one person but this is a group of professional scammers who know exactly how to get women to fall in love with some made up guy. There is no Gregory. No one died. This type of scam with different variations is all over the Internet.

I doubt this group of people are in London.

But what is clear is that no lawyer in Canada can help you.

You can and should report this to the RCMP. You can do that here:

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/reportincident-signalerincident/index-eng.htm

I do not think paying money to a lawyer in London, even if you had any, makes any sense. This group of men are not going to be found and the man does not exist.

But you can also try calling the police and telling them what happened. In case this group is in London they may get caught and that would help you.

I know this is not at all the answer you wanted to hear but you've been hurt enough and you need the cold, hard truth.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

His name is ***** ***** is son is Jeffery. The plant is in London England. The lady did die and I helped him with all of my savings. I have called the RCMP, they asked me what do you want us to do.
The police should be able to trace him through the bank account in London England.
I sent you a picture of the man's identity he was using.

I am telling you that this type of story is all over the internet and it is made up and taken from parts of news stories.

Ask the RCMP to help you by contacting the authorities in London and ask them what they suggest.

Read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_scam

This is fake. You are still not understanding the man in the photo is not who you think it is. This is all made up.

I know that's not who he s. But a woman lost her life. I have all the messages and bank statement. I thought you could of helped me better, but not the case at all.

How would I help you? By lying to you and making you promises?

I am a senior ethical and honest lawyer in Ontario. How can I help you sue a fictitious group of scammers who may be in London?

I already explained the best you can do is speak to the RCMP and/or the police in London.

But the most honest answer I can tell you is that there is little chance they will be caught. But if they are sure want the police there to know you are a victim here.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

If not are you going to be honest and rate me positively so I can be paid for my time and work? I know you've been scammed so you know how that feels. You want fairness of course. We all do.