Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am working in Ontario on a positive LMIA based work visa.

Customer Question

hi there Hi There. I am working in Ontario on a positive LMIA based work visa. I want to terminate my employment early. I would like to work until the 30th November 2017. My employer is saying my last day will be the 15th November. Does my signed resignation letter with the stated date of the 30th November carry any weight or can he terminate my LMIA before then? thank you
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: sorry Ontario
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.

Is the employer planning to pay you for the two weeks in November that you will not be working there for?

How long have you worked there for?

Expert:  Debra replied 30 days ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!