I am working in Ontario on a positive LMIA based work visa.

Customer Question
Hi there Hi There...

Hi there Hi There. I am working in Ontario on a positive LMIA based work visa. I want to terminate my employment early. I would like to work until the 30th November 2017. My employer is saying my last day will be the 15th November. Does my signed resignation letter with the stated date of the 30th November carry any weight or can he terminate my LMIA before then? thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation.

Is the employer planning to pay you for the two weeks in November that you will not be working there for?

How long have you worked there for?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!