Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am trying to find outfit it is legal to record a

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to find outfit it is legal to record a conversation with one sided consent or do both people need to give consent
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Florida, but question is about Canada, Alberta and and Toronto
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I found your comments last night. Are you inCanada or are you familiar with Canadian recording laws
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much and how do I pay?
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Immigration Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: ok thats good.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am happy to answer but I first need to confirm that you understand that cost. I saw on your other you thought the charge was just $5. It is not. There is an additional charge and you've been charged that. I will not go ahead so that you can first ensure you know the cost and then let me know it is OK to go ahead.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!