Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Do you know Canadian tenancy law, and rights leaser as my

Customer Question

do you know Canadian tenancy law, and rights leaser as my privacy and security has been violated and in addition locked out of my condo
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: alberta canada
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no, what happen was without any advance notice a not was placed on my door, advising they have been requested by the mortgage holder to identify occupants, at 6 pm yesterday evening and at the same time changes the locks ,, I found out after returning home at midnight after an evening of hockey to be locked out and sleep in my truck.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the firm that changed the locks are not the management company I lease the property from.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.
I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.However, I am not really clear of the facts just yet.Are you saying that the homeowner who is your landlord I was foreclosed against so that the property is in foreclosure?Are you also saying that you did not receive any notice of eviction but that you are a paying tenant?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have not been supplied any details to weither the owner has been foreclosed on or not, also i havent been notidied of any issues up to and post the locks being chnge on my condo rental.i also was charged $58 for the question, plus the $5 , i do not authorize any further charges to my credit card
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I don't work for the site. I am a senior practicing lawyer in Ontario. I just log into the site the way you do and see a list of questions and choose which to answer.

Do you want me to go ahead or are you not happy with those charges?

Are you still locked out now?