How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a power of attorney for my uncle. However, he has a

Customer Question

I have a power of attorney for my uncle. However, he has a friend that I am concerned will talk him into signing a bill of sale for his house at a very low price. He is incompetent but I would rather not have him declared as such. How can I prevent or subvert such a sale
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Saskatchewan, Canada.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No. I have no proof this friend will do this, but if he does, it will be too late. I need to prevent this or set things up so that it is impossible to have it happen.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I think that is complete.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  nyclawyer replied 1 month ago.
Have you considered applying to court for either guardianship or a restraining order against mal intentioned friend. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am a lawyer in Canada and the question has been moved to the Canada law list.

Please disregard the answer provided by the US lawyer. It is not in keeping with our laws for the most part.

Is the POA for when your uncle is no longer competent and if so then when does the POA say it should be triggered?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.