When a person who is from ontario with an ontario license…

Customer Question
When a person who...

When a person who is from ontario with an ontario license plate hits a pedestrian at a cross walk. what is the procedure for that person in terms of consequences? once the person who is hit is asigned with a lawyer is that person not able to follow up in legal action?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Manitoba

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There has been reports but according to those reparts there has been nothing done

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is he/she has worked on or heard of a case such as this one, what should the proper settlement be?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/11/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

thanks

I am not quite following.

Are you the pedestrian?

I am the pedestrian, I do have a lawyer working on this but I just wanted a secnd opinion
another question, am i being charged talking to you?

This site is not free. You have been charged both a $5 and another cost for the question.

Did you not know this?

If not we can stop and you can ask for a refund.

Let me know.

I knew about the 5$ but not the other amount. I am not comfortable paying that much right now

I will ask the site to process a refund.

Thanks

thank you