Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I just want to know what can i do if I'm in the situation

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** , I just want to know what can i do if I'm in the situation off been harassing by my manager and other employee of the company, I'm a resident permanent in Canada I been working in this company tbbs for 1 year and 6 moths. I hand a serious incident at my work cuz the manager of the store give my private information to one of the employees of the company and this one start sexual harassing me , first start showing up to any locations that I will be working , then he starts send in me porn with inappropriate content, I tell him to stop and then he tell me my manager give him my phone and if I was afraid of my husband knows anything that I should change his name and put a girl name I say no and I tell him to leave me alone or I will tell the owner . But my manager keeps harassing me ,and all of my coworkers feel really intimidated by her cuz she will bring you private life at work and embarrassing you in front of everyone. Was so much the harassment that I hand to quit cuz the owner off the company won't even listen anything that we have to say. And because my manager get to treaten me saying that she will do anything to make they fired me,I went to my work and I quit cuz I was afraid of been fired . All the girls over there are in the same situation and they are afraid to lose they jobs that is why I decided that we had enough. I need you help I don't know what else to do, this a really serious harassment situation and I really love my job but I been ignored buy the owner and is another people in that company that feels the same .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you in a union?

What province is this please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Toronto
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ontario
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm work in Tbbs
Toronto barber beauty supply
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They been avoided this situation
For too long
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is a lot of my coworkers that been in the page then me
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

This is a sad and terrible situation but I do think because it is so clear about what is going on and because it is happening to so many of you that you will be able to succeed if you file a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario. This is a serious and blatant case of discrimination.

So your best next step (and you don't need a lawyer or to pay any fee) is to file a complain here and try to get the others to do so as well:

http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/hrto/

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?