Second opinion] where could i find the cheapest real estate…

Customer Question
Second opinion] where could i...
Second opinion] where could i find the cheapest real estate lawyer in edmonton for sale of our houseJA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: edmonton albertaJA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: only contact with buyerJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: we will try and get an updated real property report or might have to get a new one done - any idea on who provides the cheapest cost for this
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/10/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

I hope you have a membership to the site, otherwise any savings you might find through asking questions about finding a cheap real estate lawyer will be eaten up by asking about it.

So, finding a cheap real estate lawyer isn't difficult. You can do some comparison shopping, check websites, ask your real estate agent if you have on, ask family and friends.

But something that a lot of people don't know is that their bank will sometimes be able to do this, or if not send it to a bank-affiliated contract lawyer, for the best price out there. The bank wants your business, and mortgages are easy money/asset for the bank if the customer is approved, so the bank can offer to do the real estate sale and title transfer pretty much at cost. With air tight title insurance there aren't a lot of risks in doing this kind of work, as long as the property isn't subject to a variety of encumbrances, liens, litigation re family or civil court involving the home, etc..

So if nobody has suggested this to you, call the bank that you're getting your mortgage with and ask if they have a legal department who can handle a simple sale/transfer for you. If not, try your Law Society's referral service, or check out the websites of some small-medium sized law firms who advertise their fees online.

Does that help?

I think you've seen what I wrote. Did it give you any good ideas?

Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Did you get the help you needed on the real estate matter?