I received a third party deposit into my account and now my

Customer Question
account is frozen and is...
I received a third party deposit into my account and now my account is frozen and is under fraud investigation
JA: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: I asked my uncle for some money. He asked me to give him my online login details which I did because I didn't think anything of it. He said he sent me some money, I login and I see that there are 3 different 3rd party deposit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Fraud Examiner should know?
Customer: So
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
I tried to send myself an interac email money transfer to one of my other bank accounts and that didn't work. Now my online access has been restricted and my accounts are frozen. I called the bank and they said yo go into a branch which I did this afternoon and the branch manager said that it is under fraud investigation and that I could be held responsible because I gave my uncle my client card number and password (login details). I Don't know how the money got deposited in my account it just says 3rd party deposit so not sure if he deposited on his mobile phone a fraudulent check or not. The manager was saying something about police etc and I was so shocked because I have good history of 8 years relationship with the bank so I pray if my uncle did do some fraud stuff I don't get charged with anything because I don't have a criminal record and I don't want one. Please advise
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Ok my phone number is(###) ###-####
Hello I'm still waiting for a call
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Knowitalll,
 replied 2 months ago
Knowitalll

Did your uncle tell you how much money he sent you, and how many deposits. he made? The bank should be able to verify that very quickly. It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, but the banks are paranoid so you just have to wait them out. In the meantime, I wouldn't stress out over it.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, a 5 star rating is hoped for. Please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

He made 2 deposits $2500 into my checking and another $2500 into my savings. So total of $5000. Problem is they noticed that my uncle logged into my account on his phone with my client card and password. They said yo come back in 5 to 10 days to the branch however their internal police is investigating it. I'm very worried.
Lawyer: Knowitalll,
 replied 2 months ago

Someone logging into your account and depositing $10k is suspicious activity that may have triggered a homeland security alert. I'm sure that this might get cleared up after the bank has spoken with your uncle and determined that he and you are not into any nefarious activities.

Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

No it's not 10k it's 5k
Lawyer: Knowitalll,
 replied 2 months ago

The amount is not the issue. it is the way that the deposit was made triggered a fraud alert.

Lawyer: Knowitalll,
 replied 2 months ago

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? If not, please don't forget to enter a rating (hopefully ‘Five Star’) by clicking one of the boxes at the top of this reply. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

I didn't get an answer though. My question was what do I say to avoid getting g in trouble should the police get involved?
Lawyer: Knowitalll,
 replied 2 months ago

I just noticed that you are in Canada. I am a US attorney, so I have to opt out and try to transfer you to our Canada list.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am a lawyer in Canada.

Would you like for me to continue with you?

please can you answer my question. I don't want a phone call.

Did your uncle deposit funds and then take them out but the funds never went through so you are overdrawn?

What does your uncle say about this?

He deposited 2 cheques both $2500 each one into my chequing the other into my savings. He told me he's giving me some money so I tried to email interac $1490 to myself to my other account but when I tried to receive the transfer there was an error message so the $1490 is still lingering. The bank contacted me and said they believe the check is fraudulent and I told them I had no idea coz my uncle deposited the checks in my name. So my account has been frozen for about a week and so has my online access. My uncle logged into my online account and deposited both cheques. So I called the bank to ask what's going on and they asked me to go to the bank with 2 ID and I did when I got there they asked me a whole lot of questions and I told them yes my uncle has access to my online coz he's family and they said they fraud department is investigating. I'm scared and I don't have any criminal record. I don't want one either and I haven't withdrawn a $1 of that money. All the money was still in the account with the exception of the email transfer that still hasn't been accepted so it's still lingering. I need to know what to say should the police get involved? My uncle does not even live here. I'm very worried.

What you would say to the bank or police is the complete and utter truth. You can tell the story just as you told it to me.

You can say you had no idea that this could be fraud. You still don't understand it but you didn't take any money out and certainly would not consider doing that if the cheques were fraudulent.

You can provide your uncle's name and contact information and ask them to contact him.

Or if possible retain a lawyer and have the lawyer assist you in speaking to the police. Ask your uncle to pay for the lawyer as this is his fault.

Does that help?

I am leaving to go off line now but will check back later.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer