My husband is in trouble with the CRA. Our house was just…

Customer Question
My husband is in...

My husband is in trouble with the CRA. Our house was just sold. It is on both name his and mine. Can revenue canada touch my half of the money

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It's in ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He was audited and revenue canada is watching the closing day

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Canada Law
9/9/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

No they cannot and would not consider doing that. When there is jointly held property they CRA could only seize 1/2.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.