Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have a question about child custody. My husband was

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a question about child custody. My husband was deported from Canada June 2016 and has filed for divorce. He is asking for joint custody, how likely is he to get it?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am sorry, I am in Canada and the Province is Ontario
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have talked to lawyers at the FLIC office at the courthouse in Brampton. I have been told I can do this myself without the costs of legal representation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that my husband has alcohol abuse issues and has three times threatened that if he were ever to get our 4 year old son out of the country to Guatemala I would never see him again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

So are you saying this man is back in Guatemala? And he wants equal say in major decisions? Is that what he wants?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!