How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom B. Your Own Question
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 2263
Experience:  25 years in practice
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Tom B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about child custody. My husband was

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a question about child custody. My husband was deported from Canada June 2016 and has filed for divorce. He is asking for joint custody, how likely is he to get it?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am sorry, I am in Canada and the Province is Ontario
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have talked to lawyers at the FLIC office at the courthouse in Brampton. I have been told I can do this myself without the costs of legal representation.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that my husband has alcohol abuse issues and has three times threatened that if he were ever to get our 4 year old son out of the country to Guatemala I would never see him again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

So are you saying this man is back in Guatemala? And he wants equal say in major decisions? Is that what he wants?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 month ago.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.